Wednesday, April 11, 2007

a,b,c,(darianism), it's as easy as 1,2,3...

Howdy.

Have you gotten onto dictionary.com yet? Because yesterday's word was abecedarian (AY- BEE-CEE-DAIR-EE-UHN). It refers to someone who is learning the alphabet (as in: Jon was an abecedarian last week) or, if you please, it can mean rudimentary, or elementary (as in: reading Jon's blog is such an abecedarian thing to do). As you can tell, I'm so impressed with this word that i've nominated it for word of the year. If I hear no opposition to that move, i'll assume everyone agrees.
Not really in the mood for writing too much tonight, I worked a late one and i'm tired. Right now I'm thinking about which celebrity I would most enjoy seeing a comment from on my blog. Its between Bono and John Mayer. Jarome Iginla was up there to, but I already know him. So was Stephen Harper, and he does read my blog, but never posts for fear of accidentally making a left-wing comment. Bono would be nice because I feel like he has alot to say. I saw an interview Bill Hybels did with him a little while ago about the Church. It was amazing actually. He's a modern day O.T prophet in my mind; he's got the platform and decides to use it to communicate messages (often to the church) that are uncomfortable. We need guys like that.

John Mayer would be cool because I think the guy is intelligent. His lyrics are smart, and besides, he shreds on the guitar, and I want anyone who can shred to comment on this blog. Well, thats all for now. Bono, John - at your leisure.


P.S - FYI John, I will not allow Jessica to comment on this blog. Thanks.

11 comments:

Elissa said...

Hey there Jon! I sure can't shred on the guitar, but Doug can, so maybe this is still a legitimate post. Long time no see. Are coming out this summer? I've been thinking that a weekend at the cabin might be nice this summer. What do you say?

gord and janice said...

Since you already know Jerome and Gord and Alex are best friends, maybe we could all hang out some time?

Bonnie said...

So I'm not "the" Bono...but I guess you could call me Bono. Does that mean you want ME to comment? :)

Love the blogging Jon! Your endearment for "word of the day" makes me smile. Plus its cool to hear what words you get off that website. Our Google homepage has the same thing so I'll have to start letting you know what my word of the day is.

-Bons-

KDees said...

JON!!!!! I found your blog! Cool! It looks like life is just trucking along for you! Keep up with us too, would ya?

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure I'd vote for abecedarian as the word of the year, Jon...I did sign up for dictionary.com at your suggestion and have really enjoyed it. But that word abecedarian... When I first saw it I thought it had a hard c sound, sort of like abraca dabra only with the -arian ending. After I found out how it was prounounced, it just didn't have the same ring to it-a little disappointing. Now the word rivulet which came through a few days later - my Grandpa used it when he was proposing to my Grandma -I've always heard the story but it was nice to learn the definition and that it's an actual word...
I enjoy your posts, Jon.
Sarah

officehourthoughts said...

I dunno Jon, it seems to me that if there is going to be a word of the year it should be Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia = fear of long words. And here's why, simply because there are more letters in this word than in the entire alphabet. Plus if you can throw this baby into a casual conversation, you are truely a master of the english language.
Later

Jonny said...

Nate, Good to hear from ya man, it's been a while. I agree, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a pretty sweet word, but in my opinion is fairly abecedarian in comparison. Hey whats the longest word in the english language?

officehourthoughts said...

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Anonymous said...

According to Wilkipedia, the longest word in the English language is "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" which is some sort of lung disease.
They've got a really interesting article about long English words.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this article really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice article.

Anonymous said...

I genuinely like this blog. great brief keep up the good work. I suffer with bookmarked your site.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]