Sunday, April 29, 2007

John for Mayer



Well, last night Matt Dyck and I made the grueling trip up to Edmonton to watch Johnny Mayer perform in all his glory. My synopsis of the event is that he was about the third best performance I have seen. The guy owns the guitar and has a pretty talented bunch of musicians with him. The best song of the night was gravity, not by any means my favorite song by him, but included a 5 or 6 minute tangent of insane improvisation and goodness, a la Dave Matthews. I thought Johnny should do that more often, and that is my only complaint. If you get the chance, I highly recommend the show. Here are some pics!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jono....I was there too!!!! I actually looked for you cuz I had heard you were going, but alas, there were about a bazillion people and I didn't see ya. Looks like you had pretty decent seats. Ours weren't to shabby. I went with my two best friends (whom I was in Edmonton visiting). We weren't actually planning on going but Dono and Traci had tickets and offered them to us when they found out they couldn't go. We were psyched that we got to go! I agree...definitely a must see show. Johnny was friggin' amazing....so worth it!
Glad you guys had fun! Take care buddy.
-Bons-

officehourthoughts said...

Yeah it was a pretty amazing show. Musically my jaw was on the ground, but I think he lacks something in the stage pressence. I felt like it was a lot of play an amazing song, with a sweet solo, say thank you, turn out lights, black for what seemed like ages, and repeat. If he didn't own that guitar, it would have been a less than stellar show, as is... I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Me and BT went to that sucker in Winnipeg...not bad at all...

Niki said...

hey who were the two best you've seen?

Erica said...

Dude. Where you at? I miss the days of laughing (really hard) while reading this blog of yours... (which, I hope you shall someday soon update).

Erica said...

Actually - let me rephrase that... not laughing really hard all the time... but pondering your thoughts after reading them, and being appreciative that you're a wise, and still funny person.

Booyeah. Sooooo.... post soon eh?

gord and janice said...

April 29. That was like over a month ago wasn't it? Didn't you make some claim at the beginning of this blog about faithfully updating. Hate to say Jon, but you're one of those people. THOSE PEOPLE.